Errors like the one in the heading above are intended to help programmers determine the root cause of a running software problem. In cases where programmers are unavailable, we need to independently find out why these errors occur and fix them manually.
These errors range from annoying to downright serious and should never be ignored as they usually indicate an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed immediately. In the case of error 0x40000015, in most cases this is a sign of incorrect installation of a non-critical program or, less often, a damaged system file. Use the following methods to resolve error 0x40000015.
Run System File Checker
One of the main causes of the error is corrupted system files. Thus, running the System File Checker and automatically repairing corrupted files can help fix error 0x40000015 in Windows:
- Enter cmd in the Windows search box.
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- At the command prompt, enter the following command and press Enter:
- sfc / scannow
- Wait while the program finishes scanning and notifies you to repair the damaged file.
- Restart your computer and see if the application error is gone.
Update your Antivirus Software
If you encounter error 0x40000015 after updating Windows, you need to make sure your antivirus is up to date. Sometimes Windows updates damage the running antivirus program. To check this, you need to update your antivirus to the latest version or uninstall it.
Start and Run System Restore
- Press Windows Key + R and enter “sysdm.cpl”. Then press ENTER.
- Select the “System Protection” tab and select “System Restore”.
- Click Next and select the desired system restore point.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the system restore.
- After restarting, you can resolve the “Unknown software exception (0x40000015)” error.
Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, third-party software can conflict with the application and cause application errors http://windowsbulletin.com/fix-0x40000015-unknown-software-exception-error/.To fix the unknown software exception error (0x40000015), you need to do a clean boot and diagnose the problem step by step.
Update your Windows Operating System
To fix this problem, run Windows Update and keep doing this until the available updates run out.
- Click on the start menu
- Find Windows Update in the search bar
- Select Windows Update from the search list at the top.
- Click the Check for Updates button. Select all updates to install
- NOTE. Be sure to include optional updates as the required update is optional.
- When prompted, reboot and repeat these steps until updates are no longer detected.
- We strongly recommend that you update your computer’s operating system to ensure you receive all available security updates from Microsoft.