The HVAC system serves as lungs for homes and workplaces where we usually spend most of our time every day. And these devices take air in and expel indoor air through the vents. When in good condition, the heating and cooling system will prevent indoor pollution. However, it can also cause some health issues if the ducts are not cleaned regularly.
So to maintain good IAQ (indoor air quality), we invite you to read further as we are going share some information about proper HVAC duct cleaning as done by the best ontime heating and air service in Milwaukee.
Indications Of Polluted Indoor Air
Unknown to many, polluted indoor air can lead to certain health complications which mostly affect the respiratory system of the body. The common signs of poor indoor air quality are irritation of the nose and throat, itchiness of the eyes which can lead to headaches, and fatigue. Likewise, those who have asthma and allergies as well as children and seniors are more vulnerable to the adverse effects of polluted indoor air.
Causes Of Polluted Indoor Air
Here are some of the causes of poor IAQ:
- Dirt and dust particulates
- Pet sheddings
- Inadequate ventilation
- Volatile organic compounds
These are just some of the reasons why air ducts have to be cleaned in Milwaukee and any other US states in order to protect the health of the occupants at home or in the office. And since duct systems are designed in different ways, it is recommended that the cleaning process should be performed by a trusted ontime heating and air service company that handles these types of jobs.
How The Process Of Professional Air Duct Cleaning Goes
1. A crew of technicians will come over your house to conduct an initial inspection of the air ducts.
2. Once the ducts are inspected, the crew will then wear shoe coverings, place corner guards on certain areas, and place a vinyl tarp to protect your driveway and flooring during the cleaning process.
3. The technician will remove the grill/vent from every air vent before the duct cleaning starts and then wash it to remove any dirt or grease before putting it back in place after the cleaning process is complete.
4. A power vacuum is then used to remove air pollutants and particulates inside your air ducts. In some instances, the technicians will also use the Rotobrush BrushBeast equipment which is 90 percent more powerful than the usual brush vacuum cleaners. Basically, the technicians will do all the necessary procedures according to the standards set by NADCA (testing for microbial growth, taking of pictures, etc.) to ensure your ducts are thoroughly cleaned.
5. The technician will hand out a printed job report detailing the work done and will be gladly answering any of your questions. You will also be encouraged to leave an honest review if you are satisfied with the job they did to your air ducts.
To make sure your indoor air is always clean, have your ducts checked by the best ontime heating and air service in Milwaukee. Check out On Time Heating & Cooling and get more information on how they can help you maintain a good IAQ in your homes and offices today.